1750-1855: Oystermen, crabbers and fishermen live and work here spending their days in the far reaches of the Chesapeake Bay.
1855: The first official business is established here – The Annapolis Glass Company.
1904: The Chance Marine Construction takes over the property, building Chesapeake Bay workboats.
1914: At the start of WWI, Chance is commissioned to build 110' wooden submarine chasers.
1937: The Annapolis Yacht Yard is founded, and they begin building exclusive luxury yachts.
1940: The AYY begins building 70 foot Vosper Torpedo Patrol Boats for the British Navy, and goes on to build a total of 28 for the War effort. The “Big Shed” building still standing today is constructed for this purpose.
1940: The famous “America” yacht – the first the win the “America's Cup”- is brought her for repair. However, she meets with tragedy on March 29, 1942 when an unusually heavy snowfall collapses the temporary storage and crushes the boat.
1943: The AYY builds another 100 PT boats for the Russian Navy.
1948: The Trumpy family buys the property and establishes “John Trumpy & Sons, Inc.” They become known around the world for their exquisite hand-crafted yachts of mahogany and bronze. The most famous is “Sequoia” built for President John F. Kennedy.
1951: MSB Minesweepers are built by John Trumpy & Sons, Inc. for the Korean War.
1962: A huge fire threatens to destroy all of Eastport.
1973: The last Trumpy Yacht is made, and the yard is closed for good.
1974: The Templeton family purchases a two-thirds share of the property, and begins to restore the old buildings for office space.
2006: The“Big Shed” is renovated into Class-A office space – keeping the integrity of its history – complete with the entire original shell, steel beams and three lobby museums.